Re: pg_upgrade missing

From: "Matthias Howell" <Matthias(dot)Howell(at)voxco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade missing
Date: 2012-06-06 19:00:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

To bring some closure:

I installed the -contrib as well which gave me pg_upgrade.

Then I ran into a missing postgres file issue with pg_upgrade.

I realized that the rpm -ev postgresql-server-9.0.0-1PGDG.el5.x86_64
that I had run probably caused the issue so I reinstalled 9.0

Then I hit this issue and used the instructions here to get it to run.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2011-09/msg00101.php

It completed successfully.

Thanks for the help.

Matthias