Re: How to figure out when was a table created

From: <btober(at)seaworthysys(dot)com>
To: <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: <postgresql(at)thegatelys(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to figure out when was a table created
Date: 2003-10-03 12:12:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Can you add two columns to the table creation definition, one with a
default current timestamp, the second to be updated with current time in
an on update trigger. Then perhaps you could do something like

SELECT
min(new_insert_timestamp_column),
max(new_update_timestamp_column) FROM your_table;

to get the table-wide date of first entry and last update.

~Berend Tober