Re: pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which used in Create Publication.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which used in Create Publication.
Date: 2017-05-22 12:01:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> On 05/22/2017 05:12 PM, Kuntal Ghosh wrote:
>> pg_dump ignores anything created under object name "pg_*" or
>> "information_schema".

> In this below scenario , I am able to see - pg_dump catch the
> information of table which is created under information_schema

Creating your own tables inside information_schema is not considered
a supported operation anyway. In general, there should be only
system views in there, so there's no point in publishing them.

Do we have a prohibition against publishing/subscribing anything
in pg_catalog? (Please tell me the answer is yes, because if it's
no, I'll bet good money that attempting to do so reveals all sorts
of bugs.) I would suggest that information_schema, and probably
pg_toast, should have the same restriction.