Re: Draft release notes complete

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Draft release notes complete
Date: 2012-05-10 15:04:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> When we did the 9.1 release notes, reviewers weren't credited, and I
> sort of assumed that policy would be the same this time around.

Yes. This seems to be a policy change that was made without notice or
discussion, and I personally don't find it to be a good idea. I think
the release notes should only credit the primary author(s) of a feature.
Face it, most people don't care about that, so we should not be
expending much space on it.