documentation updates for SQL:2023

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: documentation updates for SQL:2023
Date: 2023-03-01 09:12:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

SQL:2023 should be published within the next 2 months, so I want to
update our SQL conformance information for our PostgreSQL release later
this year.

Attached are patches that update the keywords list and the features list
as usual. (Some of the new features in the JSON area are still being
worked on. I have just set them all to NO for now, to be revisited later.)

I'm also proposing to get rid of the tracking of subfeatures. This has
been de-facto deprecated: All the subfeatures for optional features have
been removed (replaced by top-level feature codes), and the subfeatures
for mandatory features aren't very interesting. The TODO is to remove
the columns for the subfeatures in src/backend/catalog/sql_features.txt.
That is a mechanical change that I did not include in the patch.

I'll leave this patch set in the commit fest, to let those concurrent
developments shake out and as a reminder to address this when the time
comes.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-doc-Update-SQL-features-list-for-SQL-2023.patch text/plain 20.5 KB
v1-0002-doc-Update-SQL-keywords-list-for-SQL-2023.patch text/plain 8.6 KB
v1-0003-doc-Remove-subfeatures-from-SQL-features-listing.patch text/plain 15.4 KB