It's that time again - the PostgreSQL Harambee call!!! for 2011-04-11->14 MySQL Conference? Yeah?, right! at the Santa Clara Convention Center.

From: Githogori Nyangara-Murage <githogori(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: gĩthogori <githogori(at)yahoo(dot)com>, gĩthogori <githogori(at)siliconbazaar(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: It's that time again - the PostgreSQL Harambee call!!! for 2011-04-11->14 MySQL Conference? Yeah?, right! at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Date: 2011-04-04 19:08:56
Lists: sfpug

Hi, it's me again. Lots of thanks to those who have signed up already. We have six confirmed volunteers so far. At least two more would be very helpful and more would be nice too!

This is your chance to get to have close conversations with other PostgreSQL folks (some of them real heavy weights!) and of course to answer the questions: 1) What are you folks doing here? and 2) the perennial - tell me why you think PostgreSQL is better than MySQL? - aaargh!

By the way there is lots of packing space if you drive down. If you take the train - we can pick you up at the train station or bus station. You can also get there by CalTrain and lightrail/bus if you want to keep your carbon footprint low!

We only have this week left for volunteer sign-ups since the conference starts next week.

Again the O'Reilly MySQL Conference is at Hyatt Santa Clara, 5101 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, California 95054.

The link is still here (http://tinyurl.com/4veep3h) for you to sign up to help with booth work and/or booth preparation and tear down.

I will post the volunteer schedule towards the end of this week.

Just I,
  .gĩthogori.

p.s. if anything is unclear or you have further questions please feel
free to email me (githogori(at)siliconbazaar(dot)com) or Josh (josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com).