urgent: autocommit & pg 7.4.1

From: "Marcus Andree S(dot) Magalhaes" <marcus(dot)magalhaes(at)vlinfo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: urgent: autocommit & pg 7.4.1
Date: 2004-02-20 02:32:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Guys,

I know that this question has been answered dozen of times, but I have
less than 2 hours to solve this issue.

We upgraded our server to a new machine. A java program is accessing
the database with autocommit set to true on JDBC Statements.

I thought that we would need only to upgrade the jdbc drivers to
a recent version, but we're having only read access to the data.
No writes at all...

Am I missing something? Do I need to put a commit() after writes?

Any prompt help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

marcus.