Re: BUG #15248: pg_upgrade fails when a function with an empty search_path is encountered

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: steven(dot)winfield(at)cantabcapital(dot)com, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: BUG #15248: pg_upgrade fails when a function with an empty search_path is encountered
Date: 2018-07-30 20:21:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> So it seems like what we have to do here is to teach pg_dump and ruleutils
> to parse a GUC_LIST_QUOTE value the same way SplitIdentifierString does,
> and then quote each extracted list element as a string literal. Bleah.
> It's not *that* much code, but it's annoying, especially because of the
> duplicated logic.

Here's a proposed patch for this. As I feared, there's kind of a lot of
code duplication :-(. I thought for awhile about trying to unify the four
copies of the split-on-delimiters code into one function with a bunch of
option flags ... but it seemed like that would be pretty messy too, so I
desisted.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-GUC-quoting-some-more-1.patch text/x-diff 19.8 KB