Fail-over string timeout

From: Mistina Michal <Michal(dot)Mistina(at)virte(dot)sk>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fail-over string timeout
Date: 2013-10-09 13:18:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi to all.

I am using fail-over string on my clients.

jdbc:postgres://server1:9999,server2:9999/database

The client is failing over after 20 seconds.

Is there a default timeout when clients should connect to the secondary
server if the connection fails to the primary server? Or do I look for the
issue somewhere else?

If there is a time-out, how can I make it shorter? What is the syntax for
it?

Best regards,

Michal Mistina