cannot remove some items from the server list after upgrade from postgres 8.x to 9.x

From: Doug Easterbrook <doug(at)artsman(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cannot remove some items from the server list after upgrade from postgres 8.x to 9.x
Date: 2011-01-10 13:03:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

I've discovered that as we migrate a each of our customers from 8.4 to 9.x of postgres, we see that the nubmer of servers always changes from only

Servers (1)
-> PostgreSQL 8.4 (localhost:5432)

to be two servers in the pgadmin list

Servers (2)
-> PostgreSQL 8.4 (localhost:5432)
-> PostgreSQL 9.0 (localhost:5432)

I've seen that before in earlier version upgrades, and it was easy enough to delete one (or so I think).

now, once you have both of these in your list of servers, I find that you can't delete a server by using right -click & delete/drop

I've inspected the postgres preferences and the information stays in the preferences .

When you delete them, it looks like they go away, but when you restart pgadmin, the serve you just deleted comes back.

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
mailto:doug(at)artsman(dot)com
http://www.artsman.com