Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me
Date: 2014-01-28 02:21:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> (2014/01/28 10:23), Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, current query texts are probably less interesting to an intruder
>> than the contents of the database itself, which is stored in the same
>> directory tree with the same permissions (0600) as the query-text file.

> Yes, that's right. However, table name or function name might be include sequrity
> information. When we consult my client which needs high sequrity, they replace
> function name or table name to other by using regular expression.

So? Those names also appear in cleartext in the files corresponding to
system catalogs. If you're concerned about unauthorized access to files
in the database directory tree, you are concerned about something that
is outside Postgres' ability to defend against. You might consider
keeping the database files in an encrypted filesystem or some such
(not that that's likely to save you against an attacker who has root).

> I still think this feature may cause sequrity problem, and we need to discuss
> about it, or add document in detail.

You've offered not one credible argument in support of that position.