Re: Small suggestion

From: "Fred Moyer" <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small suggestion
Date: 2004-07-07 12:39:29
Lists: pgsql-www

>> Uh, it is already mentioned in the FAQ.
>
> Under the current design, the FAQ is not easy for newbies to find,
> where the top of www.postgresql.org is.

I agree the FAQ is not the easiest link to find even though it is at the
end of the first paragraph on the docs page. The link does not stand out,
and while someone familiar with the site may be able to find it easily a
deer-in-the-headlights newbie may have more of a challenge. Additionally
a newbie may try the User section first before going to Docs.

The link to IRC is buried though, here is the path I took to find it
knowing only the information I read in this thread.

Home->Docs->FAQS(end of first paragraph on docs
page)->RegionalFAQ->(browser search for IRC).

Perhaps replace the section
"Tech Support requests to this address will be ignored!" on the right nav
with "Click here for tech support!" which links to IRC info?

Regards,

Fred