Re: Text search lexer's handling of hyphens and negatives

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)lists(dot)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Text search lexer's handling of hyphens and negatives
Date: 2019-10-15 22:35:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 14:51 -0700, raylu wrote:
> Are we missing something here? Is there either a way to
> 1. generate tsvectors without this special (negative) integer behavior or
> 2. generate tsqueries in a more intelligent way?

My company has found the pg_trm extension to be more useful for partial
text searches than the full text functions. I don't know specifically
how it might help with your hyphens but it would be worth testing. The
docs actually suggest using them in conjunction in some cases.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/pgtrgm.html