Re: Installation of regress.so?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation of regress.so?
Date: 2021-05-21 21:24:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/21/21 9:46 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 5/21/21 9:25 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>>> That seems a bit tortured. Why should you have to make the decision at
>>> configure time? ISTM all you need is an extra make target that will
>>> install it for you, or a make variable that controls it in the existing
>>> install target.
>> Works fine for Unix, but what about Windows?
>>

> Good point. One item on my TODO is to make the cross version test module
> work in Windows ... currently it's Unix only.

On further investigation there doesn't actually seem to be anything to
do here: the MSVC install script installs everything, including
regress.dll, and so does the EDB installer. Maybe we need to look at
modifying that, but there don't seem to have been any complaints over an
extended period.

cheers

andrew

--