Re: Pgcrypto install (I've tried multiple ways)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David Patricola" <david(dot)patricola(at)jefferson(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgcrypto install (I've tried multiple ways)
Date: 2011-01-27 21:44:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

"David Patricola" <david(dot)patricola(at)jefferson(dot)edu> writes:
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I've tried to install the pgcrypto
> module from:
> 1. psql shell: i\ path/to/pgcrypto.sql
> 2. pgAdmin: execute pgScript pgcrypto.sql
> Both showed me multiple lines of CREATE FUNCTION with no other errors.
> However, when I try to test the decrypt() function it says it doesn't exist.

Hm, are you sure you're invoking the decrypt function with the right
arguments? Can you see it with "\df decrypt" in psql?

A different possibility is that you ran the install script in some other
database of the installation. The functions need to be installed in
each database you want to use them in.