Adding variables for segment_size, wal_segment_size and block sizes

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding variables for segment_size, wal_segment_size and block sizes
Date: 2008-05-15 14:56:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Now that we have customizable segment sizes for heap and WAL at compilation
time i would like to have some runtime variables to query that information
(besides pg_controldata). I can imagine to have the following names:

segment_size: Reports heap segment size
wal_segment_size: Reports wal segment size
block_size: Available yet
wal_block_size: wal block size

I'd like to implement them if we agree on them

--
Thanks

Bernd