Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file
Date: 2022-02-26 22:03:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/26/22 11:48, Chapman Flack wrote:
> This patch applies cleanly for me and passes installcheck-world.
> I have not yet studied all of the changes in detail.

I've now looked through the rest, and the only further thing I noticed
was that xlog.c's do_pg_start_backup still has a tablespaces parameter
to receive a List* of tablespaces if the caller wants, but this patch
removes the comment describing it:

- * If "tablespaces" isn't NULL, it receives a list of tablespaceinfo structs
- * describing the cluster's tablespaces.

which seems like collateral damage.

Regards,
-Chap