Re: HBA files w/include support?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HBA files w/include support?
Date: 2014-02-14 16:10:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> In short: I suspect this approach may be fixing the wrong thing.

> I'm curious what you're thinking would be the right thing to fix here?

I was asking for use-cases so we could figure out what's the right thing ;-)

The argument about wanting to assemble a pg_hba file from separately
managed configuration pieces seems to have some merit, but the weak
spot there is how do you define the search order? Or are you planning
to just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't matter too much?