Northwest Evaluation Association is actively recruiting for a Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator to lead and provide the direction for database technology and administration for all database environments at NWEA. The DBA is the primary support for all development, test and production database environments to ensure high availability, reliability, appropriate capacity, scalability, backup, recoverability and performance. In addition, the Senior DBA is expected to participate in the 24x7 on-call support rotation. Position is located in NWEA's beautiful Portland, OR corporate office, overlooking the Willamette River and Chinese Garden.
* Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL,
* Mastery of physical database design
* Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering, mirroring, log shipping, integration services, and replication
* Experience with Linux OS administration
* Ability to implement Database security safeguards and audit them
* Minimum five years of progressive experience performing PostgreSQL administration in a production environment; experience should include three or more years administrating PostgreSQL in an enterprise level environment, administrating very large (> 1 terabyte) databases
To view full job description and to submit an online application, go to: http://www.nwea.org/about-nwea/careers JOB ID# IRC5557
About NWEA: The Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) is a growing non-profit organization committed to improving K-12 academic student learning throughout the nation. We offer software solutions that deliver research-based adaptive assessments, detailed reporting of student achievement and growth, and professional training. School teachers and administrators use this information to accurately determine individual student instructional needs, tailor lessons and design school improvement plans. We are searching for talented individuals who desire to make a difference in education by demonstrating a commitment to our mission: Partnering to help all kids learn.
NWEA offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to include 15% employer contribution to 403(b), 100% paid health insurance for employee, 4 weeks PTO (6 weeks following 3 year anniversary) + 8 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Talent Management Specialist | NWEA
121 NW Everett St., Portland, OR 97209
PHONE 503.548.5288 | FAX 503.619-2279
NWEA.ORG<http://www.nwea.org/> | Partnering to Help All Kids Learn
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Chris Northup||Date: 2012-08-16 21:38:42|
|Subject: 2 openings for PostgreSQL DBAs|
|Previous:||From: Frank Haage||Date: 2012-08-15 20:23:08|
|Subject: Postgres Engineer Silvedr Springs MD|