alter table to multi partitions

From: Catalin Maftei <catalinmaftei(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: alter table to multi partitions
Date: 2022-02-24 12:48:55
Lists: pgsql-general

hello,
on a project I have large tables, with more than 2-5.000.000 rows, and the system is starting to be slow,This tables have many dependencies functions, procedures and views.

I want to partition this tables.

I think for this scenario for table Orders:
step1:     create new table with same structure ->  Orders_Partstep 2:    create all the partitions&triggers on new table Orders_Part
step 3:    copy/moved data from Orders to Orders_Part
step 4:    rename Orders to Orders_OldIf i want to drop Orders, it's necessary to drop all dependencies (and that's not what I want)
step 5:    rename Orders_Part to Ordershere is the problem - when rename Orders to Orders_old, postgres automatically change Orders to Orders_old in all dependencies (views, functions, sp)
is there any postgres setting I can use to not  automatically change the in all the depandencies?

--
Best regards,