Re: 7.4.1 & invalid page header in block

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pailloncy Jean-Gérard <pailloncy(at)ifrance(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4.1 & invalid page header in block
Date: 2004-04-07 06:15:41
Lists: pgsql-general

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pailloncy_Jean-G=E9rard?= <pailloncy(at)ifrance(dot)com> writes:
> ERROR: invalid page header in block 4602 of relation "url"
> url is a index for web. I do not care if I loose few data.
> How can I correct table url ?

If it's an index then you can just REINDEX. However, you would be
extremely foolish to just reindex and forget the problem. This suggests
strongly that you have hardware problems --- if so, your next problem is
likely to be with an irreplaceable table rather than an easily
rebuildable index :-(. I'd suggest running the usual barrage of
hardware tests: memtest86, badblocks, etc...