Remote PSQL...

From: "Jablonski, David" <Dave(at)weccusa(dot)org>
To: "Pgsql-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Remote PSQL...
Date: 1999-08-23 21:29:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm trying to use psql on a remote machine and every time I connect I get a
response "Unsupported front-end protocol." I did a packet sniff and saw
that it was trying to connect to the correct remote host and port number but
then the server would return the error response. I've looked through all
the documentation I could find and I'm at my wits end so if anyone could
point me in the right direction I would be grateful. TIA

Remote Host: OpenBSD 2.5
Client: RedHat 6.0