Trouble with slow ODBC query via Access

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with slow ODBC query via Access
Date: 2003-01-15 21:12:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I've replaced the backend of that large nasty Access db with PostgreSQL 7.3. It seems to be
workin quite well except one table refuses to work well with an indexed field. Its a simple integer
with a unique index - other tables have them too and seem to work. However, when I do a find on it
for this particular table it insists on running through every record in the table and manually searching
for the value rather than a simple select for the value.

Is this possibly something that the ODBC drivers address? I'm using PostgreSQL+Unicode(Beta)
7.02.00.04. If not - does anyone know how to execute a simple pass thru SQL statement via
Access 2002?

many thanx,

Ben Scherrey