Re: 7.1.3 Compile fails on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Steve Burger <steve(at)customware(dot)aust(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1.3 Compile fails on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a
Date: 2001-10-23 18:01:18
Lists: pgsql-ports

Steve Burger <steve(at)customware(dot)aust(dot)com> writes:
> In the mean time I'm working my way back through the available versions
> to see if this is something that broke in one of the newer releases.

According to the "supported platforms" list, we haven't had a port
report from anyone using OpenServer 5 since PG 6.5. So I wouldn't be
too surprised if some small problems have snuck in for that platform.
Please send patches if you figure out what's needed.

As far as the NOFILE issue goes, current sources already do "#ifdef NOFILE"
in all cases, so 7.2 shouldn't have a problem there. In the meantime
you could just provide a dummy definition "#define NOFILE 50" (or so).

Can't really help you with the compiler-related problems. You did read
doc/FAQ_SCO I hope --- maybe the people mentioned in it can help.