Schedule DB Query

From: Sergio Chavarria <sergio(dot)chavarria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Schedule DB Query
Date: 2009-04-17 01:00:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, i hope someone can help me in this mailing list. Is there a way to
schedule databases querys with postgresql?? Ideally i would like to have a
database table with one field containing database queries and then create a
"postgres cron" for executing all my queries at a specified time.

I know one possible solution would be to create a cron in unix but i think
it would be better if i can create it within the database so, if i change my
system, i can keep this information just doing a "pgdump" and restoring in
another system.

Maybe i am dreaming, jeje, but i want to hear the expert voices

Thank you in advance

Sergio