Re: conventions

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: rir <rirans(at)comcast(dot)net>, "Pg Docs" <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: conventions
Date: 2021-07-07 19:13:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021, at 1:30 PM, rir wrote:

> The conventions page is weak. Here is a proposed start for
> change. Seeing SQL as an early language, I have tried to use something
> like plain English. Here "early" could describe a mail merge user
> wandering into programming SQL after seeing some simple examples.
Hi Rob,

Unless someone translates your suggestion into a patch, you could probably do
it and submit a patch. If you are a first time contributor, I suggest that you
read Submitting a patch [1]. It is a detailed document that describes the
development workflow.

Talking about this patch, edit doc/src/sgml/notation.sgml, run configure
script, follow the steps described in Building the Documentation section [2]
and send a 'git diff' to this list. You might need some tools [3] to build the
documentation.

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/docguide-build.html
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/docguide-toolsets.html