noob trying to use PG with Zope

From: "Programmer" <programmer(at)paradigm-corp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: noob trying to use PG with Zope
Date: 2007-05-10 19:20:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

HI,

I am trying to learn PostgreSQL for use with Zope. I have Zope 2.9.6,
PostgreSQL 8.2 on XP with the Psycopg2 adapter. I had no real problems
getting it setup and it is working ok. When I go to the database
connection in Zope and test it with SELECT version() I get the correct
output.
Once it appeared to be working I created a table and added a few rows to
it in psql. Then for the role being used by my Zope connection I did a
GRANT ALL for the new table.

Problem is I get a permission denied error anytime I try to run a SELECT
on the table. I've been going through the documentation for hours now
with no joy. I suspect the problem is my lack of experience with
PostgreSQL. Can anybody offer some advice on this problem?

Thanks!

M. A. Ruberto (Programmer)
Every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative
representation within a system.