Re: Autovacuum Improvements

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovacuum Improvements
Date: 2006-12-19 19:36:47
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

matthew(at)zeut(dot)net ("Matthew O'Connor") writes:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Yes, I think there are these TODO items. I was waiting to see what
>> additional replies there are before adding them.
>
> Speaking of which, I was just looking at the TODO at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
>
> and I think this item:
>
> * Improve xid wraparound detection by recording per-table rather than
> per-database
>
> is done and working in 8.2 no?

That's in the 8.2 release notes:

- Track maximum XID age within individual tables, instead of whole
databases (Alvaro)

This reduces the overhead involved in preventing transaction ID
wraparound, by avoiding unnecessary VACUUMs.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
The human race will decree from time to time: "There is something at