Re: MERGE SQL Statement

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MERGE SQL Statement
Date: 2008-04-17 17:38:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com (Simon Riggs) writes:
>> Should there be a new rule option? ie. ON MERGE rules ?
>
> Maybe, but not as part of this project.

That seems to warrant a bit of elaboration...

If we're running a MERGE, and it performs an INSERT or UPDATE of a
particular tuple in(to) a particular table, will it fire the ON
INSERT/ON UPDATE trigger? I'd hope so...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/multiplexor.html