Re: Another small bug (pg_autovacuum)

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another small bug (pg_autovacuum)
Date: 2003-09-12 19:18:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

matthew(at)zeut(dot)net ("Matthew T. O'Connor") writes:
> So we would have a problem if commands that effect these tables are done
> from lots of different databases. In reality, I don't think these
> tables change that much (pg_database, pg_shadow, and pg_group), and most
> of commands that do effect these tables are usually done from template1.

I wouldn't necessarily assume the latter ("usually done from
template1"), but these surely seem to be candidates for being fairly
infrequent.

And if they _were_ being touched frequently, would they not trigger
vacuums in the databse that they were being touched in?

In any case, if there are three tables that pg_autovacuum never
touches that _normally_ are pretty quiet, this does not appear to be a
grand disaster.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "libertyrms.info")
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>