Re: pgcrypto and dblink

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto and dblink
Date: 2008-04-10 22:35:28
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com ("Roberts, Jon") writes:
> I am moving from Windows to Solaris and I need pgcrypto and dblink.
> Where are these? I don't see anything in the configure that suggests it
> is even an option.

They are part of the set of "contrib" functions.

You head to directory "contrib", and, if those are the only ones you
need, head assortedly to:

a) contrib/pgcrypto, and run "make install" to install that, then

b) contrib/dblink, and (surprise!) run "make install" to install it.

That compiles anything that needs to be compiled, and stows the object
code in the installation's "lib" area, and stows scripts to activate
the respective services in the installation's "share" area.

So step c) and d) would be...

c) Load, into whichever databases you want to use these functions in,
the script
share/contrib/pgcrypto.sql

d) Load, into whichever databases you want to use these functions in,
the script
share/contrib/dblink.sql
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))