Re: backup software for postgresql

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup software for postgresql
Date: 2005-10-05 16:00:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

robertngo(at)perridot(dot)com ("Robert Ngo") writes:
> Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot
> find one with backup agent for postgres.:p>

You don't need one.

You can simply schedule a job that runs "pg_dump" every so often
(daily is common) to save data to a file. Most competent backup
systems can backup data in files, so can pull the pg_dump output...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/backup.html