Re: TODO: GNU TLS

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Date: 2007-01-01 22:07:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:
>> The reason I wanted to use PGP is that I already have a PGP key. X.509
>> certificates are far too complicated (a certificate authority is a
>> useless extra step in my case).
>
> Complete side note but one feature that I brought up to my team a
> potentially useful would be to allow the use of ssh keys for
> authentication.
>
> SSH keys are far more prevalent, and they are understood even at the
> medium corporate level.

I haven't discussed this with Afilias folk, but that sure sounds like
an excellent thing to me. ssh keys are already in widespread use for
other forms of authentication; this seems an excellent re-use.

X.509 might be nice, too, eventually; ssh keys would be immediately
useful.
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxfinances.info"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sap.html