Re: New record position

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New record position
Date: 2005-03-30 23:04:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

lucas(at)presserv(dot)org writes:
> Why it? I can't undestand why the new record location was change. Shouldn't it
> apper at the LAST record???
> What need I do??

SQL only imposes an order on the return set if you add an "ORDER BY"
clause.

You can't expect any particular order to either recur or NOT recur
unless you have specifically requested a particular ordering.

There's no bug; just use ORDER BY if you need to, and, if you don't,
make sure you don't expect any particular ordering...
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/spiritual.html