Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Second try committing the path changes.

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Second try committing the path changes.
Date: 2006-08-31 16:26:44
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane) writes:
> Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
>> If I touch preproc.y and pgc.l, the .c files get regenerated, and all
>> is well.
>
>> If I don't, they get left alone, and I see compilation errors.
>
>> It seems to me you need to rebuild the C files and commit them.
>
> No, because those derived files are not in CVS at all. What you
> are describing sounds to me like a clock skew problem. Is your
> machine's system clock showing the correct date?

Odd, odd. NOT a clock problem. The .c files were sitting in my
buildfarm's CVS repository for HEAD. And yes, indeed, the derived
files shouldn't have been there at all. I'm not quite sure how they
got there in the first place.

At any rate, after comprehensively looking for yacc-derived files,
that clears this problem, as well as regression failures with last
night's commit of COPY (SELECT) TO, which is no bad thing.
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html