Re: PGError: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table

From: "James B(dot) Byrne" <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca>
To: "Robert Treat" <rob(at)xzilla(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGError: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table
Date: 2010-11-26 03:13:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, November 25, 2010 21:58, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM, James B. Byrne
> <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca>wrote:

> Looks to me like the problem is you are trying to ORDER BY columns
> in
> "ca_customs_entry", but there is no such table for that (don't
> confuse it
> with "ca_customs_entries"). You need to either set a matching
> alias, or fix
> the table name qualifier in those order by columns.

That was exactly the problem. Thank you very much. I am afraid
that the mental gymnastics that Rails requires--table names are
plural, corresponding model classes are singular--often trips me up.
I would never have seen that error on my own.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
James B. Byrne mailto:ByrneJB(at)Harte-Lyne(dot)ca