Re: BUG #5338: PG_DUMP fails due to invalid adnum value

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Toni Helenius <Toni(dot)Helenius(at)syncrontech(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5338: PG_DUMP fails due to invalid adnum value
Date: 2010-03-01 14:50:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Toni Helenius
<Toni(dot)Helenius(at)syncrontech(dot)com> wrote:
> I did supply it? As cvs-attachment. I'll attach it again with txt-extension. I tried to reproduce this too with Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 2003 64-bit. And I couldn't. Of course I didn't find a Windows 2008 64-bit like the original system. But like you said this could be a data corruption and not a reproducable bug.

Hmm, it didn't come through last time for some reason - this version
did come through OK. The original complaint was about an adnum of
25493128, but there's certainly nothing like that in your attachment
here - it only goes up to 961 (which is lot of attributes, but far
short of 25493128!).

Your other attachment with the test case you extracted didn't make it
through to the list either, for some reason. You might want to repost
that so that someone else who has access to Win2008 can try to
reproduce it.

> I don't know if it counts but the DB has few tables (not the ones with problems though) with "invalid byte sequence in UTF8". I don't know do these cause data corruption over the whole table. I managed to trace these while trying to restore a dump from this DB (UTF-8) (from where I could take the dump) to a new Postgre 8.4.2 DB (UTF-8) which refused to restore these tables.

I doubt that's related.

...Robert