CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Date: 2010-02-14 04:34:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We're down to 5 patches remaining, and 1 day remaining, so it's time
to try to wrap things up.

* Fix large object support in pg_dump. I think this is just waiting
for a second opinion on whether the approach is correct. I've been
meaning to look at it, but haven't gotten enough round tuits; maybe
someone else would like to take a look? This is an open item, so we
should really try to deal with it.
* Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync. This is really two
patches now, one of which is apparently to be backpatched. Greg Stark
was going to commit it, but perhaps if he isn't around someone else
should pick it up.
* Provide rowcount for utility SELECTs. Bruce just posted an updated
version of this patch. I think it's pretty much ready to go.
* Package namespace and Safe init cleanup for plperl. Andrew Dunstan
is taking care of this one, I believe.
* Listen / Notify rewrite. This is the only one of the remaining
patches that is not marked as Ready for Committer, but I think it
would be good if someone (probably Tom) at least took a look at it.
I'm not sure if it's committable at this point, but we should at least
try to provide some good feedback.

...Robert