Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Cristian Bittel <cbittel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session
Date: 2010-02-06 22:36:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Cristian Bittel <cbittel(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> 2010/2/3 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
>> So you're saying that if pgadmin is open when you close the terminal
>> services session, the SERVER crashes?
>>
>> Did you somehow start the server in that same session, or is the
>> server running as a service?
>>
>> ...Robert
>
> If pgAdmin is open inside any mstsc session, mine or another terminal
> session of another user, the main PostgreSQL service crash.
>
> Logs report server process exit code 128, two final lines are repeated for
> each active connection to postgres from Apache server, and below (in
> spanish) the Security Event Viwer where Administrator user logoff and then
> "postgres" user tryed to login again to Windows:

That's really odd. Nothing pgAdmin does should be able to crash the
PostgreSQL server, I would think. Have you got any custom code loaded
into PostgreSQL? Or non-custom, but buggy?

I'm guessing the problem only occurs if PGadmin is actually connected
to the PostgreSQL server, but perhaps you could verify that. If so, I
would see if you can get a stack backtrace of the backend to which
PGadmin is connected.

...Robert