Re: [CFReview] Red-Black Tree

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CFReview] Red-Black Tree
Date: 2010-02-04 02:27:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>>> I'll repeat my tests with current CVS HEAD.
>>
>> OK... can you post the exact queries that you are used for the
>> previous round of testing?
>
> Robert, Mark posted all queries in his post ! See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg02927.php

Maybe we are now getting to the heart of the confusion. Mark wrote in
his email: "Unfortunately I was not really able to reproduce the RND
(teodor's) dataset, nor the random array test as the SQL used to test
the implementation was not present on the page above." The SQL for
the fixed-length tests is posted, but the SQL for the variable length
test is not - so Mark was just guessing on that one.

Or am I just totally confused?

...Robert