Re: BUG #5271: pg_dump: schema with OID 22519 does not exist

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Tenenbaum <michael(at)strategic-techs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5271: pg_dump: schema with OID 22519 does not exist
Date: 2010-01-11 14:38:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Michael Tenenbaum
<michael(at)strategic-techs(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5271
> Logged by:          Michael Tenenbaum
> Email address:      michael(at)strategic-techs(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.9
> Operating system:   Gentoo Linux
> Details:
>
> According to the posts I picked up from a Google search, this is a bug that
> never seems to get fixed.
>
> I followed Tom's advice and deleted entries in
>
> pg_type and pg_class
>
> and pg_dump is working ok.
>
> The object was a table in a development system with only a few entries.
> hardly anything was written to the table in the past few weeks, but the
> daily pg_dump was working fine until this evening.

Maybe I should be smarter than I am, but when you say that "this" is a
bug that never seems to get fixed, I'm not sure what "this" is. It
sounds like you're talking about system catalog corruption of some
sort, but without more details it's hard to speculate as to what might
have happened.

Unfortunately, it also sounds like you've destroyed all the
evidence... I don't suppose you have a copy of a version of the
database where this is still broken?

...Robert