Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Cedric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements
Date: 2010-01-07 15:33:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

>> > I don't necessarily know what the right thing to do with the new ones
>> > is, but I am pretty sure that pg_indent will revert any changes you
>> > make to the existing ones.
>>
>> That it will.  The proposed changes to the existing lines are an
>> exercise in uselessness; and to the extent that you format the added
>> lines with this layout in mind, the final result could be worse than
>> what you'd get if you adapt to pg_indent's rules to start with.
>
> Here is the proposed patch to adjust white spaces.
> It does not indent variables, but indents comments of the variables
> to adjust other fields. Are those changes ok?

I think so. I'm not sure if it will push out the comment that is
immediately adjacent to the trailing semicolon, but I don't think it
will decrease the indent on the ones you've indented more. I think
this is close enough for now and you should go ahead and commit it.

...Robert