Re: parse_oper cache

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: parse_oper cache
Date: 2009-12-27 19:36:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> My inclination is to leave the actual memory allocation behavior alone
> and just get rid of the CreateCacheMemoryContext calls in these places.

I don't have a strong feeling on it. It is only one extra line of
code to make the hash table context a child of CacheMemoryContext
rather than TopMemoryContext, but since we've been doing it this way
for so long, there's not any real clear value in changing it. Though
it does make me wonder whether there's any point in retaining
CacheMemoryContext at all.

...Robert