Re: Patch committers

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch committers
Date: 2009-11-11 21:21:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> I tried to help, but I was fairly tied up with overall CommitFest
>> management and
>> did not have time for a full read-through of every patch.
>>

> I think it's completely unreasonable to expect the CF manager to do any
> patch review themselves.  It's a hard enough job to keep going without
> actually getting your hands into the details.

Well, that's another reason I'd kind of like to take a break from CF
management - it would free up more of my time for actual patch review.
I have been doing some review anyhow, but given as how I don't get
paid for any of this, there's only a few hours a day that are
potentially available for this, and it has to compete with the
dishwasher breaking and my wife wanting to play Pandemic. By the way,
if anyone wants to buy me a new dishwasher, I will put reviewing your
patch at the top of my "to do" list. :-)

...Robert