Re: Hy

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Marko <marko_ivan81(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hy
Date: 2009-10-29 21:34:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Marko <marko_ivan81(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I have few suggestions about new features of postgresql.
>
> 1.Replication and clustering
>
> included in core of postgresql

There are projects being worked on in this area, and add-on products
like Slony that can be used as well. You might also want to look at
this email:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-05/msg00913.php

It's not an easy feature to implement, which is why it isn't done yet.

> 2.other
>
> support beter olap and data warehouse solutions.
>
> support bulk load with c-api.

This is quite vague. You'll have to provide some more specifics if
you want to be taken seriously.

In general, this mailing list is for discussions of PostgreSQL
development. If you have the ability to write the code that is needed
to implement these features yourself, you can propose patches here.
If not, there are organizations listed on postgresql.org who will do
it for you in exchange for money. If you can't write the code
yourself and don't have the money to pay someone else to do it, then
posting here is not going to help you unless someone here thinks it's
such a good idea that they're willing to do it for free. That might
happen for a small adjustment to the system but is unlikely to happen
for a major new feature.

I would suggest that you start with a different mailing list, like
pgsql-general, and say "How do I...?" rather than "PostgreSQL
should...". PostgreSQL does a lot of things very well already. If you
find a specific area that could benefit from a specific improvement,
then you can come back and propose that here.

...Robert