Re: navigation menu for documents

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Subject: Re: navigation menu for documents
Date: 2009-10-01 14:48:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM, David E. Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:
>
>>> Why wouldn't the entire TOC be in a collapsed list?
>>
>> Permanently on-screen? My only concern there would be for people viewing
>> on phones etc.
>
> I have to admit that I'm never looking at the Pg docs on my iPhone. This is
> mainly because I use them as a reference while hacking, and I'm not (yet)
> hacking PostgreSQL on my phone.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've been known to browse the
*source code* on my iPhone while bored and daydream about some patch
I'm interested in writing.

So +1 from me on anything that is good for mobile users. There's no
limit to what crazy things people will try to do with a phone.

...Robert