Re: operator exclusion constraints

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: operator exclusion constraints
Date: 2009-09-28 13:32:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 22:40 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Apparently, CommitFest
>> no longer means a time when people put aside their own patches to
>> review those of others; it seems now to mean a time when 87% of the
>> patch authors either continue development or ignore the CommitFest
>> completely.
>
> Well, I'm not completely innocent here, either. I also spent time making
> progress on my patch, both in terms of code and discussion so that I
> would at least have enough information to get it ready during the next
> development cycle.

I don't see any problem with that. As long as everyone is willing to
spend SOME time on their own patch and SOME time reviewing the work of
others, the system works. After all, the time to review a patch is,
IME, far shorter than the time to develop one. But right now we have
a large majority of patch authors who are not contributing ANYTHING to
the CommitFest, and that's not so good.

...Robert