CommitFest 2009-07: Remaining Patches

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest 2009-07: Remaining Patches
Date: 2009-08-14 03:27:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, we have the following patches remaining for CommitFest 2009-07...

(1) Named and mixed notation for PL. Tom left this one as Waiting on
Author because he didn't have much else left to work on, just in case
Pavel could rework it in time. I'll move it to Returned with Feedback
after tomorrow if it's not resubmitted before then.
(2) ECPG dynamic cursor, SQLDA support. I think we're still waiting
on Michael Meskes to review this one.
(3) query cancel issues in dblink. Joe Conway is planning to review
this, but not until this weekend.
(4) plpythonu datatype conversion improvements. Peter Eisentraut said
that was in progress as of 7/24, and I've seen a few PL/python related
commits go by, I think, but not this one, so I guess this one is still
waiting on Peter.
(5, 6) dependencies for generated header files, autogenerating headers
& bki stuff - Tom doesn't seem to think any of this is moving in the
right direction, I believe Alvaro likes it, and I think Peter is
skeptical as well but I'm not totally sure. It might be nice to have
a bit more discussion to figure out what WOULD be a good way to move
forward with this project. What is good? What is bad? What is ugly?
But the discussion seems to have trailed off so maybe I should just
move these to Rejected and give up.
(7) Prefix support for synonym dictionary - Just waiting on Oleg to
commit this one, I think.
(8) Filtering dictionary support and unaccent dictionary - Needs some
changes to the docs to handle high-bit characters, but other than that
all I think all objections that have been raised have been addressed,
so I think this is also ready to commit once the doc issues are
addressed.

Comments welcome.

...Robert