CommitFest Status Summary - 2009-08-03

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest Status Summary - 2009-08-03
Date: 2009-08-03 01:41:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We now have less than two weeks remaining in this CommitFest (assuming
we stick with the usual time table of one month), and I would say
we're in fairly good shape. There are less than a dozen patches left
that are waiting on people other than the committers, or that are
still under discussion. Here is again my best attempt to summarize
which patches are waiting for which people; I've classed a handful of
patches as "Under Discussion", where it's not clear to me exactly who
needs to take the next action for one reason or another.

Anyone who is looking for a way to help is encouraged to read the
threads related to the patches that are waiting on someone other than
a committer, and chime in with thoughts or opinions. Several of the
remaining patches are still in the queue not so much because they need
review or rework, but because they lack either consensus or direction
on what to do next. You don't need to be a coder to have an opinion
on design.

With respect to code reviewing, there is likely to be a need for some
high-speed reviewing of Heikki's patches this week once Heikki has a
chance to respond to feedback posted earlier in the CommitFest. I'm
not sure it's going to be very realistic to get these into shape in
the time that remains, but I guess we'll see (in some ways I feel that
we've been somewhat unfair by not closing these out already; we've
certainly given them more time than we would to a non-committer who
was on vacation). We also need someone to review the rest of Greg
Stark's merge append patch; Tom reviewed only the planner portions,
and the assigned round-robin reviewer (Abhijit Menon-Sen) has not
posted a review.

...Robert

Specific Committer (11)
==================
Revise parallel pg_restore's scheduling heuristic (Tom)
Indexam API changes (Heikki, as patch author)
Index-only quals (Heikki, as patch author)
ECPG dynamic cursor, SQLDA support (Michael Meskes)
ECPG support for string pseudo-type v2 (Michael Meskes)
Determine client_encoding from client locale (Heikki, as patch author)
async notifications for dblink (Joe Conway)
query cancel issues in dblink (Joe Conway)
Improvements for dict_xsyn extended synonym dictionary (Teodor)
has_sequence_privilege() function (Joe Conway, awaiting feedback before commit)
plpythonu datatype conversion improvements (Peter Eisentraut)

Unspecified Committer (3)
=====================
GRANT ON ALL IN schema
DefaultACLs
multi-threaded pgbench

Reviewer (3)
========
Merge append (partially reviewed by Tom, needs new reviewer for rest of patch)
new bytea hex output format
Filtering dictionary support and unaccent dictionary

Author (4)
======
machine-readable explain output v4
autogenerating headers & bki stuff (may need to be bumped)
return query and dropped columns
Prefix support for synonym dictionary

Under Discussion (4)
Named and mixed notation for PL
Support for EEEE in to_char()
Parser's hook based on FuncCall (needs wider input)
dependencies for generated header files