Re: Higher TOAST compression.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Higher TOAST compression.
Date: 2009-07-28 17:38:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Kevin
Grittner<Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
> Finally, you should probably consider volunteering to review a patch
> or two for the next commitfest.  :-)  To ensure timely review of
> submitted patches, while still allowing the reviewers some guarantee
> of unencumbered time to write their own patches, there is a
> development cycle which alternates between coding and reviewing.

Yep, I don't want to throw stones at anyone in particular, and
particularly not at first-time patch submitters, but there are always
more people writing patches than volunteering to review them. This is
partially offset by the fact that it usually takes less time to review
a patch than it does to write one - however, I know that I have had a
difficult time managing this CommitFest, reviewing 2 patches, and
keeping on top of the changes requested for the 10 patches I
submitted. As a result, one or more of my patches may fall out of
this CommitFest, whereas if I had not volunteered to manage to
CommitFest, or had not reviewed any patches myself, it would have been
much easier. I'm not bent out of shape about it, but it would
definitely be nice if everyone could volunteer to take a turn
reviewing, especially regular contributors.

...Robert